Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Change Is Good for What Ails Ya

Alright, some fairly large changes have been made to the Wesley Chronicles story.  I'm mostly happy with what I've been doing, but one fairly obvious problem has been the Wesley-Anna relationship.  I like them together.  She's good for him.  But there's the whole foster family thing to get over and that was always a nagging problem.  Today I was finally motivated to get off my ass and fix the problem.  And I did.  Boom.  Just like that.  Anna's outta the house.  She's now a neighbor, the daughter of a family that has been friends with the Rhodes family (Susan, Paul, Boone, and Wes) since before either family had kids.  Her relationship with the Rhodes family reminds me of the Dille family I used to live near when I lived in Charleston, South Carolina.  I used to walk over there and spend tons of time with them, especially during the summers.  I practically lived there and I've always intended to write about someone who had a similar relationship with a neighbor family.  Now I have.  And now the Wesley-Anna thing is a bit less creepy and illegal.  Hooray me!

None of the changes are final at this point, I like the idea but it'll prolly take me a couple tunes and tweaks to get all the details ironed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment